Special Election November 8, 2022
A special election is ordered to be held on November 8, 2022, to fill the unexpired term of office of Council District #6.
Early Voting by personal appearance will be conducted each weekday at the Anderson County Courthouse Annex, 703 N. Mallard Street, Suite 103b, Palestine, Texas, between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm beginning on October 24, 2022, and ending on November 4, 2022, with extended hours to be determined.
Election Day Voting will be conducted at the Palestine High School, 1601 S. Loop 256, Palestine, Texas, between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm on November 8, 2022.
Applications for ballot by mail shall be mailed to:
Anderson County Elections Administrator
703 N. Mallard Street, Suite 116
Palestine, Texas 75801
Email: [email protected]
The ballot must be received by mail no later than the close of business on October 28, 2022.
Notice of Deadline to File an Application for a Place on the Ballot (Aviso de Fecha Limite Para Presentar una Solicitud para un Lugar en la Boleta). View the Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on Ballot (PDF). The last day to file is August 25, 2022.
Congratulations on your decision to become a candidate for elected office. The attached materials will help you during the campaign process:
Candidate Packets will be available to pick up from City Hall on July 20, 2022.
Please call the City Secretary's office if you have any questions.
- Application For A Place On The Ballot For A Special Election (PDF)
- Appointment Of A Campaign Treasurer (PDF)
- CTA Instruction Guide (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Report (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Report Instructions (PDF)
- City Charter (PDF)
- Code Of Fair Campaign Practices (PDF)
- November 2022 Election Calendar (PDF)
- Political Advertising (PDF)
- Political Fundraisers (PDF)
- Political Signs (PDF)
Palestine City Council / El Consejo Municipal de la Ciudad de Palestine
- District 1, Sean Conner, Term Expires May 2024
- District 2, Ava Harman, Term Expires May 2023
- District 3, Vickey L. Chivers, Term Expires May 2024
- District 4, Kenneth Davidson, Term Expires May 2023
- District 5, Krissy Clark, Term Expires May 2024
- District 6, Vacant, Term Expires May 2023
- Mayor, Justin Florence, Term Expires May 2023