- Police Department
- Safe Exchange Zone
Safe Exchange Zone
Your safety is important to us and we want you to practice safe internet transactions; therefore, we have made our lobby available to you. We have also expanded this to now include two video-recorded parking spots for your internet sales and purchases. Both are accessible 24 / 7.
Please always put your safety first. If someone will not meet you at the police station to make an exchange, you probably do not want to do business with them. Spread the word about this addition to our existing program. Stay safe!
Top 6 Things to Watch out for When Buying Online From Private Sellers
- It may be a scammer from overseas if you notice a lot of spelling and grammatical errors.
- The seller uses generic product photos. Ask to see real photos of the product so you know its condition (and know that the item actually exists)!
- You are asked to wire the payment. This is a common indication of a scam.
- You are pressured into making a quick decision. Always take your time to make an informed decision.
- Be cautious if there is a change of plans last minute.
- If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is!
6 Tips to Stay Savvy
- Don't ever give out your personal or financial information.
- Don't pay (including an e-transfer) before you see the product. Once you've paid you may not be able to get your money back.
- Ask questions - do all the components come with the product?
- Research the seller if possible.
- Open the box to inspect the item and test the product before you buy it.
- Meet in a public location and bring a friend. This will help avoid scams and help ensure that you are safe.
Above all, always trust your gut.