The City of Palestine contracts with Waste Connections for weekly trash collection for residents and businesses within the city limits.
• Residential Trash Collection is a once-weekly regular curbside collection service.
• Commercial poly cart service is 2 times per week on Tuesdays and Fridays.
• Place all garbage inside the garbage cart in weatherproof bags and tie securely.
• The maximum acceptable weight of each fully loaded garbage cart should not exceed 175 pounds.
• The garbage(s) should be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your assigned collection day.
• The garbage carts must be removed from the curb by the next morning per the City ordinance.
• The garbage cart should be placed within three feet of the curb or right-of-way adjacent to the residence.
• Garbage carts should not be placed near cars, mailboxes, or other obstructions.
• Additional trash carts are available for a fee. Please request through Customer Service @ 903-731-8400 option 1. They will also advise what the current rate is for additional carts. You may cancel additional carts at any time.
• Waste Connections of Texas will repair and/or replace carts as required.
Click HERE for Residential and Commercial trash rates.
Call Customer Service at 903-731-8400 for questions about Trash Collection Services
Recycling materials may be dropped off at the Waste Connections Transfer Station located at 571 ACR 3694, Palestine, TX 75801 (see details below).
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday from 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
Saturday from 8:00a.m. - Noon
|ACCEPTABLE ITEMS TO RECYCLE AT THE TRANSFER STATION:||ITEMS NOT ALLOWED FOR RECYCLING AT THE TRANSFER STATION:|
Leaves, branches, and yard waste may be taken to the Compost Site located at Hwy 287/19 south of Loop 256. Residents must provide a copy of a current City of Palestine utility bill to utilize the Compost Site to discard yard waste.
Hours of Operation
Wednesdays 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturdays 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
|Residential curbside brush collection will occur once a month according to the schedule below.||Leaves and clippings are to be bagged in weatherproof, strong bags and tied securely.|
|There is a limit of eight (8) bags of grass/or bundles of branches per month.||Limbs and brush must be bundled in 4-foot lengths and not to exceed 35 lbs.|
|Leaves/yard waste bags or bundles count toward the eight (8) bag limit.||Leaves, branches, and yard waste may be placed inside a garbage cart for every scheduled weekly pick-up.|
Contact Public Works at 903-731-8423.
Call Waste Connections at 903-723-4670 to schedule a bulk pick-up by your Service Cycle (eight bags or bundles can be put out curbside).
|Service Cycle One||Service Date 1st to the 1st||1st Wednesday of the month|
|Service Cycle Two||Service Date 7th to the 7th||2nd Wednesday of the month|
|Service Cycle Three||Service Date 14th to the 14th||3rd Wednesday of the month|
|Service Cycle Four||Service Date 25th to the 25th||4th Wednesday of the month|
|White Goods (Large Items)|
|Call Waste Connections at 903-723-4670 to schedule one white goods (large item) per month. The item must be placed on the curb|
Waste from building operations or remodeling projects, such as rocks, dirt, scrap, carpet, bricks, or roofing, will not be picked up. Illegal waste, combustible matter (such as gasoline, oils, paints, or chemicals), scrap iron, car motors and other heavy metals will not be removed by hauler.
Disposal of Hazardous Waste: TNRCC Control & Regulatory (903) 535-5100 Smith County
Customer Service 903-731-8400 Option 1
Email Customer Service at email@example.com