- Trash Collection is once weekly regular curbside collection service
- Place all garbage inside the garbage cart in weatherproof bags and tied securely
- The maximum acceptable weight of each fully loaded garbage cart should not exceed 175 pounds
- The garbage cart(s) should be placed at the curb by 7:00a.m. on your assigned collection day
- The garbage carts must be removed from the curb by the next morning per City ordinance
- The garbage cart should be placed within three (3) feet of the curb or right-of-way adjacent to the residence
- Garbage carts should not be placed near cars, mailboxes, or other obstructions
- Additional garbage carts will be made available for any resident that requires more than the one (1) cart provided by Waste Connections for an additional charge
- Waste Connections of Texas will repair and/or replace carts as required
- Call Customer Service at 903-731-8400 for questions about Trash Collection Services
The City of Palestine contracts with Waste Connections for weekly trash collection for residents and businesses within the city limits. Recycling materials may be dropped off at the Waste Connections Transfer Station located at 571 ACR 3694, Palestine, TX 75801 (see details below). If you have questions or concerns, you may contact Customer Service at 903-731-8400 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residents may drop off recycling for free at the Transfer Station located at 571 ACR 367, Palestine, TX 75801
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday from 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m. and
Saturday from 8:00a.m. - noon
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS TO RECYCLE AT THE TRANSFER STATION:
- Sorted office paper
- Mixed paper
- Clean Plastics (Numbers 1 - 7 only)
- Water bottles
- Milk containers (empty and rinsed out)
- Soda bottles (empty and rinsed out)
- Laundry and bleach bottles (empty and rinsed out)
- Aluminum cans
- Steel cans
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED FOR RECYCLE AT THE TRANSFER STATION:
- Plastic wrappers
- Bubble wrap
- Paper that is wet or contaminated with food, oil, or grease
- Hardback books
- Aerosol cans
- Residential curbside brush collection will occur once a month according to the schedule below
- There is a limit of eight (8) bags of grass/or bundles of branches per month
- Leaves and clippings are to be bagged in weatherproof, strong bags and tied securely
- Limbs and brush must be bundled in 4-foot lengths and not to exceed 35 lbs.
- Leaves/yard waste bags or bundles count toward the eight (8) bag limit
- Leaves, branches, and yard waste may be placed inside a garbage cart for every scheduled weekly pick-up
- Leaves, branches, and yard waste may be taken to the Compost Site located at Hwy 287/19 south of Loop 256. Residents must provide a copy of a current City of Palestine utility bill to utilize the Compost Site to discard yard waste. Contact Public Works at 903-731-8423.
The City's Compost Site is currently open on Wednesday and Saturday each week from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Organic waste only.
Call Waste Connections at 903-723-4670 to schedule bulk pick-up by your Service Cycle (eight bags or bundles can be put out curbside).
Service Cycle One (Service Date 1st to the 1st) - 1st Wednesday of the month.
Service Cycle Two (Service Date 7th to the 7th) - 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Service Cycle Three (Service Date 14th to the 14th) - 3rd Wednesday of the month.
Service Cycle Four (Service Date 25th to the 25th) - 4th Wednesday of the month.
White Goods (Large Items)
Call Waste Connections at 903-723-4670 to schedule one white goods (large item) per month. The item must be placed on the curb
- Waste from building operations or remodeling projects, such as rocks, dirt, scrap, carpet, bricks, or roofing, will not be picked up. Illegal waste, combustible matter (such as gasoline, oils, paints, or chemicals), scrap iron, car motors and other heavy metals will not be removed by hauler.
- Disposal of Hazardous Waste: TNRCC Control & Regulatory (903) 535-5100 Smith County.