PALESTINE, Texas (Feb. 15, 2017) – The Palestine Main Street program, in partnership with the Palestine Economic Development Corporation, make matching grant funds available to property owners in the Main Street District of Palestine.
This grant program, the Façade Improvement Program, is made available to assist property owners with exterior repairs and renovations of their buildings. This year, the 2017 Façade Improvement Program grant fund has $30,000 available to match qualifying improvements made within the Main Street District.
"Any time we can partner with property owners to help them make meaningful improvements within our Historic Main Street District we are really happy to do so,” Greg Laudadio, Assistant Econcomic Development Director said. “If covering a portion of the financial burden could bring a project to downtown, we want to hear about it to determine if there is a way we can help make it happen."
Improvements eligible for funding include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Complete facade rehabilitation
• Replacement of broken window panes, window frames, broken store front glass, and doors
• Scraping, priming, and painting of window frames, doors, cornice, and store front
• Exterior treatments, such as brick, tile, stucco, stone, wood, or siding
• Attached signage and brackets (only in conjunction with other improvements)
• Removal of slipcovers or other covers to expose original materials
• Cleaning of exterior by appropriate methods, such as power washing or tile cleaning (only in conjunction with other improvements)
• Exterior lighting fixtures attached to structure (only in conjunction with other improvements)
• Canopies or window awnings (only in conjunction with other improvements)
• Attached gutters or down spouts
• Restoration of historic or significant architectural features
• Roof repair (only in conjunction with other improvements) and that do not exceed more than 50 percent of total requested grant.
Applications for this grant are available now and the deadline to submit applications is Friday, March 31 by 5 p.m. Applications can be downloaded electronically by visiting the Palestine Main Street Website at cityofpalestinetx.com.
Applications can also be picked up in person at the Palestine Economic Development Corporation office located at 100 Willow Creek Parkway, Suite A. For more information, contact the Palestine Economic Development Corporation at 903-729-4100.